Thursday, February 21, 2008

Clickity Clackity Clickity Clack

OK.. here's one of my pet peeves. 
I find those commercials very annoying, that use the sound of a keyboard clickity-clacking as letters are apparently "typed" on the screen to reveal the ad message. Do you know the ones I'm referring to?
I guess I should be happy. Those used to use the old-fashioned typewriter sound.

Completely off topic, but I just noticed something...

...O to the M to the G! What is up with Christian Slater's shiny forehead?! Is it coated with acrylic or something?!

5 comments:

Wes said...

That boy has really gone downhill. He was so cute in The Name of the Rose. And then he got caught in a transporter pod with Nicholson, and devolution ensued!

Máire said...

I have to confess -- I love the clickity-clacking sound! (At least on real keyboards.) Go foley!

Wes said...

It's not the actual "clickity clacking" that bothers me.. like when I hear that in the real world, I'm totally cool with it. I'm just done with the overused tv ad convention.

Joining that list is the "gluggity glugging" of a bottle being decanted in slow motion,

Huxters saying "Do the Math"

and
"Kids these days" rolling their eyes while their "uncool" parents try to use their slang.

Brain said...

There was an ad on the cable tv in Rochester that did that, and it really ticked me off. Actually, on reflection, I suppose they still air it, but since we don't live there anymore it's like it doesn't happen anymore.

HabeasCorpus said...

You can totally tell that it's a total head appliance. It's not exactly the same color or texture.
The giveaway though is the little flap puckering between his eyebrows. Probably because he sat still for the application and it behaved differently on an expressive face.

Good one! They should have had Crist Ballas do it.

www.metamakeup.com