Monday, April 1, 2013

-Ables 18: Uncrustables



Just in case you didn't catch on already, kids, this product is COOL! It says so right in the advertisement. Like our good friends the Toastables, these treats are also pre-toasted. It says so right on the box. You need only "Thaw' n Serve". Good thing they excised the 'a' and 'd' from the word 'and' and replaced them with an apostrophe stuck to the word thaw. It saves so much space. It's also much cooler, kids. It says so right there in the corner. Would an obviously also cool, arbitrary cartoon dude lie to you? Hardly. I'm not going to wager what trepidations might ensue if one were to serve them without first thawing, but why take chances.
I love this product! Mostly because it's so cool. 

I just have one question. Or, one question in two antipodal segments. Am I to take it that this item of merchandise is not crustable, whatever that might mean, or is it able to be uncrusted, whatever that might mean? If the former, then I suppose you either may not or cannot attach crust back onto the product. And if the latter, I assume the product allows for removing an otherwise undetectable crust from its individual units. Since there seems to be no discernible remnant of crust on the product, and indeed, that fact appears to be its champion feature, I'm going to have to conclude that some measure has been taken to ensure that no possible crust reattachment is ventured post-retail.  

I may also be overreaching in my interpretation here, but this commodity gives the impression of possible inclusion in a picnic, given the checkered background often incorporated into such things as picnic tablecloths and blankets. I'd be game to try it, but would definitely remember to thaw.


No comments: