Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Limericks for No Religion

Of this I am sore well aware.
There's nothing that fails like prayer.
The "good" Lord could afford
to see one limb restored.
Either that, or he just doesn't care.

By a Christian man I was once told
"Just pray, and your wish you'll behold!"
When it failed to work,
I replied with a smirk,
It appears I've been left in the cold.

Don't think me aloof or unfair,
To ask for some proof that He's there.
Wanting me to believe,
Without means to perceive,
Some invisible dude in the air.

They say cover your bets, and believe,
Or end up in a place you can't leave.
But which faith to choose?
The odds are you'll lose.
Think a god won't see what's up your sleeve?

"All are welcome! Come join us!" They cry.
In fact, you had better, or fry!
God's love accepts all
Whether fat, short or tall.
But GAY, then you need not apply.

©Wesley J Koster 2012

No comments: